search webmail by From, Subj, etc?
OldDogOldTricks

Hi

I haven't found a way to search my webmail as I do with Moz thunderbird,  or older programs,  and I want to dig one old sender out from the MOUNDS of spam.  Any ideas?  Thanks, Lorraine

0 Likes
Re: search webmail by From, Subj, etc?
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3
Contributor
OldDogOldTricks
search webmail by From, Subj, etc?

Hi

I haven't found a way to search my webmail as I do with Moz thunderbird,  or older programs,  and I want to dig one old sender out from the MOUNDS of spam.  Any ideas?  Thanks, Lorraine

https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-junk-spam-messages?s=spam+filter&as=s#...

0 Likes
Re: search webmail by From, Subj, etc?
Justin46
Legend

@OldDogOldTricks wrote:

Hi

Easy.

At the top of the webmail page you should see this:

Just select the folder you want to search (Inbox in your case?), the field you want to search, enter the data to search for, and click on the Mail button.

I have a few others suggestions though that might make your Verizon webmail experience better:

1) Get rid of the SPAM. Why are you keeping it? Turn on the Verizon SPAM filter if you have not done so - some people complain that it doesn't work very well, but I find just the opposite, it does work well for me. And if you haven't deleted the SPAM because it takes too many clicks, go into the webmail settings and under General Settings change the "Number of messages per page" field to "No Limit." You will then see all of your emails at once and be able to scroll through them, plus that makes it easy to delete many emails at once.

2) Create some folders to store your emails in. You can use things like sender's name, topic, whatever you want for the folder names, then move emails you want to keep to those folders. That way it will be much easier to find stuff.

3) Set up some filters to recognize senders or words in the Subject, etc. and automatically delete those emails. 

4) Consider using a PC-based client instead of, or in addition to, the webmail interface (you mentioned Thunderbird but I am not sure if you are actually using it, if so, great!) . That way you can store the emails on your computer and thus access them without internet access, you have control over them and aren't at risk for the ISP (Verizon) maybe losing them. Depending on whether you use Windows or OS X, there are a number of very good email clients to choose from. And an option that is available for most or all clients is to leave copies of emails on the server when you download (don't be confused by this option though; Verizon only supports POP, not IMAP).

Hope the above helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)