spam from domain ending in "@....holyokeitenighttripping.info"
perry1z
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem is getting worse every day.

Spam filter for some reason cannot filter partial domain name and these messages keep piling up.

Where do I have to go to solve this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: spam from domain ending in "@....holyokeitenighttripping.info"
tns
Master - Level 2

You can start by forwarding sample of such mail to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

And of course, make sure that you have Verizon's spamdector turned on.

0 Likes
perry1z
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done all the normal things, but still frustrated because most email clients, e.g. Outlook, will easily filter partial domain name. Why Verizon spam filters cannot do the same?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I haven't tried partial domain names but you can enter domain names in "email settings blocking".

0 Likes
lisatrade

I am going to try and create a "rule" to deal with it...emails that contain holyokeitenighttripping.info are to be deleted. 

Hope it works!

0 Likes
perry1z
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I have mentioned above Verizon tools do not have an option to create a spam filter for a partial domain name.

0 Likes
spamhater1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also been receiving dozens of messages from that domain for months and months. I spoke with someone from Verizon Online on the phone and he laughed at me and said he would never expect his ISP to do anything about spam. 

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

spam that's cause verizon has no clue how to control spam. i would like to point out that verizon is the only isp to use ip and domain filtering.good isp use the contact list as a reference for spam control.

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

perry use the filter option from contains .info then choose delete

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

spam,

yunno this is really sad customers are paying good money for service and this is the help they get. it seems to me verizon tech support is pushing people away what is really sad is tech support cannot even support there own products or programs.we can thank the ceo's of verizon for cheap support via india yunno the ol say "you get what you pay for".

0 Likes