spam very consistant thousand of it!!!!!!!
constance
Enthusiast - Level 1

I COULDN'T USE MY VERIZON ADDDRESS FOR YEARS !!!!!!!!!!! BECAUSE A HUGE AMOUNT OF SPAM!!!!!I WANT TO USE IT AGAIN ..NOTHING PASS BY THE SPAM DETECTOR,I ERASE 700 SPAM TODAY...IN THIS CIRCONSTANCES....VERY DIFFICULT TO USE IT, SOMEONE CAN HELP?????{edited for privacy}...since this account at verizon is  NO USE!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: spam very consistant thousand of it!!!!!!!
asupmdr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried and tried, many hour with Verizon on the phone/email, etc, and this is frustrating.  I get the same spam message three times, and 100s of them every day.  Verizon is clueless on it.  As a test, I try to forward one of them, and Verizon pops up and says it's spam.  If they can do that, why can't they block it from the beginning from getting to my inbox??

Frustrated to the max.  Verizon, if you are reading, PLEASE figure this out??

Re: spam very consistant thousand of it!!!!!!!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Time to request a new email id.  Not that it will be easy to convince them to give you one.

And be careful with giving out your userid.  With FiOS consider setting up a second and even third id to give out to people.  The second to trusted friends.  However don't give it to friends why aren't careful with hot they use their emails or it may get quickly compromised again.  Use the third one for less trusted user or companies.  If the extra email ids get compromised get ready to close them and create new ones.

My oldest id, not yet retired but probably soon, gets 20-30 a day.  My newest id has only had 3 (not caught by verizon default filter) in two years.  Not sure how many are being caught by the filter, as I only check it when someone says I didn't answer there last email (i.e. looking for false positives).

0 Likes