troubling message about outgoing.verizon.net

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

troubling message about outgoing.verizon.net

Message 1 of 2
(460 Views)

I am using a Mac and my email is the apple email utility.  Recently I received a message from Verizon asking me to upgrade encryption on my fios router, and I did so.  At about the same time (before as well as afterwards) I started to get a message when I try to send an email that says, in effect, "outgoing.verizon.net" is invalid because the license has expired.  There is a button to click to override, but I'm concerned that this may be just a warning before a total shutdown.  I find the process of getting help from Verizon quite opaque.  Has anyone had this message? Do I need to deal with it?  If nothing else, it's annoying because it makes an extra keystroke.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: troubling message about outgoing.verizon.net

Message 2 of 2
(459 Views)

They started telling everyone to change away from outgoing.verizon.net MORE THAN a year ago.

See http://www.verizon.com/emailsettings

They old email servers are being shutdown.  NOt surprised you see an expired message.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.