unable to send out emails via outlook express since 06/29/2010
stepaj

Task 'myusername@verizon.net" - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'        This is a copy/paste of error message from Office Outlook  2003

Our household has been unable to "send" outgoing emails since 06/29/2010.  This includes a wireless laptop and a PC. We both lost the ability to send emails same day.  We changed NOTHING and did not share emails with each other that would have corrupted our system. During this time I have had 2 Verizon techs dance around in the PC doing all the same things I did as well as what  the automated assistant did.  The last tech said the Outlook Express 6.0 was corrupted, and to unistall it and then reinstall;  this time 2 hours later, I think he just gave up).  That did not work either.  I tried using the Outlook Office and still got an error message for outging. Everything is set up as it was when it was working until 06/29/2010.  I was told that there was a new server being installed and that things wold be working by 07/02/2010... I have tried taking down the firewall, turning off virus protection (McAfee), changing from outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net to just outgoing.verizon.net, checking boxes, unchecked boxes. SMPT is set to 587.  We get incoming fine.  I hate using the "Verizon email site" as too much monkey motion to get to mail, but that's what we have been doing.  I even tried setting up a GMail account, again got mail still could not send.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: unable to send out emails via outlook express since 06/29/2010
symarb1

I am having the exact same problem!!  I am a new verizon customer and I have been

banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out.

Just to make sure it is a verizon related issue, I plugged back into my previous ISP and

outlook worked just fine!

Can anyone help us!

0 Likes
stepaj

Thank you for your response!  I even tried sending an email via dos prompt  with Telnet, got past "HELO", but when trying to get a  "RCPT TO"  (using outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net)  I got an "authorization required" response and then was dropped.  I have been passed around without a solution. I am about ready to change ISP, but really hate to as most of the time (years now) this has been a decent ISP. If Verizon is having a problem just say so, I can handle it, honesty would be nice, refreshing and not wasting so much of my time as well as the techs!

0 Likes
rgoldbe3

I am experiencing the same problem............Has anyone been able to set up Outlook 2010 to receive and send mail? If so, how did you do it???

0 Likes