quick menu

verizon AOL email won't download to outlook

verizon AOL email won't download to outlook

SOLVED
Contributor RokinRobinLoxly
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(5,867 Views)

Starting April 24, 2018 at 9:37 am EDT, my Outlook 2016 desktop PC email program stopped downloading incoming email from Verizon AOL servers to my desktop PC (with Windows 10, Office 365).  I can send email out of Outlook from my PC, but no emails download into Outlook.  I can download email OK into my online AOL account.  I can receive emails sent from my PC Outlook to my online AOL email account.  But when I try to download emails into Outlook on my PC, all I get are error messages "connection to the server was interrupted."  I was previously getting a similar error, where email downloads initiated by clicking on "send/receive" would timeout, so I extended the incoming email download time from 1 min to 2 min, and this worked for that problem for 2 days.  But now I can't download any emails into Outlook.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance...

5 REPLIES
Contributor RokinRobinLoxly
Contributor
Message 2 of 6
(5,786 Views)

I found a fix, from this webpage "Update Verizon.net account info in POP3 email applications":

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-updating-your-third-party-email-program-or-mo...

This page is dated April 13, 2018, and it tells me to simply change my Outlook email settings as follows:

incoming mail server to pop.verizon.net (had been incoming.verizon.net)

outgoing mail server to smtp.verizon.net (had been outgoing.verizon.net)

Did that, and everything is now back to normal.  

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 3 of 6
(5,715 Views)

Again settings have not been changed.  These are the same they have been for years.

Contributor valleyboo
Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(5,600 Views)

No solution but the same problem.   Using Outlook 2016 client on my desktop and AOL,   I cannot download email.   Started a week or so ago with major lapses in service.  Emails are on AOL server which has totally inadequate abilities related to mail handling.    The same problem occurred with my Samsung cell phone and the samsung email client with AOL.    I've had to download the AOL server view as an interim solution.    This is really aggrevating.   I've contacted Verizon premium tech support,  AOL tech support and Microsoft.   No one has a solution.    I have contacted Best buy and Verizon wireless regarding my cell phone;  their only solution is to download the AOL view which is horrible.    My settings are as described above. SO frustrated.     

Contributor iup90
Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(5,341 Views)

Precisely as valleyboo has stated.

AOL email will no longer download to Outlook (in my case...as of: 5/20/18).

-Settings have not changed and are as prescribed.

note: this happened one time in the past and it cost me severely.  I monitor all email via Outlook and for reasons described did not receive a very important email due to the fact that it did indeed appear in the AOL user interface BUT NOT in Outlook.

Verizon....we are PAYING for a service....please DELIVER.

Highlighted
Contributor slkh
Contributor
Message 6 of 6
(4,538 Views)

My email stopped downloading at the beginning of July.  I've had the same settings since the Verizon/AOL merge(?) or whatever it was. I keep getting the pop-up box asking me to verify my password.  I've contacted Verizon twice and all they do is type the same password that I have typed several times and it miraculously starts to work again.  Then 2-3 days later and sometimes back and forth in a day, it stops working. They said it was an Outlook problem, but I'm not buying it. 

I'm with iup90...we're paying for a service we're not getting!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios