verizon Email service has been down for a week
millerja

I heard a rumor that Verizon was falling apart and the company was going to go bankrupt about a month ago. I figured it was just talk. But now with this BIG Internet email debacle I believe it might be true.

What kind of internet company would interrupt their email to all their customers without any kind of warning and then not be able to fix it in a matter of hours; NOT DAYS??

I’ll tell you what kind of a company would do that. A company standing on shaky financial footing, that’s who.

All companies know customers do not like unhappy surprises; like “SURPRISE your Email won’t be working for a week or two. It can only lead one to the belief that the company was trying to pull off a Hail Marry play by updating their system on a hope and a prayer that nothing would go wrong. They had no “fall back” plan?

Some where in a meeting before doing the system update someone had to ask.

“What if it crashes?”

The only answer I can think of that fits in this type, of SURPRISE it’s broke, situation is:

“We don’t have enough money to set up a dual system to run in tandem in case something goes wrong.”

The conclusion drawn must be that Verizion is without financial backing or broke or they would not put their customers through this kind of business interrupting ordeal.

An other business ploy they might be attempting to pull off would be if they heavily insured the server change over so as they would get paid big bucks if the system update failed.

Either way Verizon must need money more than they need happy customers.

I, for one, will be seeking service elsewhere.

0 Likes
Re: verizon Email service has been down for a week
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@millerja wrote:

What kind of internet company would interrupt their email to all their customers without any kind of warning and then not be able to fix it in a matter of hours; NOT DAYS??

Um... My email is working fine. So obviously not ALL customers.

0 Likes
Re: verizon Email service has been down for a week
BUICKGS68
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email is still working fine, via the Verizon Yahoo page.  But as I noted on an earlier post, I haven't been able to get up and running on the regular Verizon webmail page.  After I login with my username and password, it automatically redirects me to my Verizon Yahoo email front page.  I'm unable to use the Trueswitch to migrate over to the Verizon server, it says "unable to authenticate".  I guess I won't worry about it until we approach the end of April, but perhaps Verizon will have everyone fixed by then.  Somehow I'm getting the feeling that email service isn't a huge priority for Verizon right now.  I think I'm very happy that I have a Windows Live email address as well......

I'd love to see a post from a Verizon tech on this matter!

0 Likes