verizon/aol change
jadpkrg

I formerly had a verizon  Fios account.  I recently moved to CA and am living with a friend.  My Fios account was cancelled but I was told I could keep my Verizon.net email address.  Do I have do do anything to change to AOL or am I OK as is.  I only have e-mail - nothing else.  Thank you.  Susan A.

0 Likes
Re: verizon/aol change
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using the conventional Verizon email (its not clear what you do if you are a VERIZON/Yahoo email user), then you should eventually get a message to switch to aol.  If you logon to the WEBMAIL interface it will then send you to the aol migration/opt out page. 

They suggest, but do not require that you choice a new password.  All the other settings can remain the same.  Or you can look at using IMAP.

Those of us who were in CA, FL, and TX were migrated last year, just prior to the Frontier takeover. 

0 Likes
jadpkrg

I am a plain old Verizon.net email user but my email does get pulled into my Outlook account.  When I cancelled my FIOS service (due to out of state relocation), I was told that "until the end of time" I would be able to keep my verizon.net address free of charge.  My friends are all getting the message to migrate but I have no account, no billing, etc.  Customer service is in a quandry also.  Thanks for any info you might have.

Susan

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jadpkrg,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jadpkrg

Thank you so much.  I just did the subscribe and will check it frequently.

Appreciate your help.

Sue

0 Likes
Re: Re: verizon/aol change
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon email migration is still be processed for several customers. If you have not received the migration notice, all is well you will receive a notice soon. If you have more than one email with Verizon, you will receive a individual notice for each account that you have and the notifications may not arrive at the same time.

0 Likes