verizon email attachments won't download
david312

Since the shift of Verizon mail to AOL (I kept the verizon.net signature) I have been unable to download SOME (but not all) attachments to my emails.  I'm using Windows 10, and when I open the problem email, the bar on the attachment line shows an attached file is there. When I click on it to get it to open or to download it, the item does not open or download.  This latest particular document is a Word document, but it has also happened with some, but not all PDF documents.  However, when I view the same document on my Apple I-Phone7, I can open it and read it. I tried to forward the attachment from my I-Phone7 to my computer in a new email, and the new email shows the attachment is there, but it still will not open it or download it~!  HELP~!

0 Likes
Re: verizon email attachments won't download
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit OS

No problem opening windows attached files.

AOL mail  asks you where you want to download the file, after its downloaded

an icon shows up in lower LEFT hand corner click on it to open file.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
akegg

A friend of mine showed me the same problem today.  When she clicks on a .doc attachment, instead of a window where she can select where to download it, she gets a window saying Microsoft Office is not installed and gives her choices to buy it or enter a product key.  She cannot download the file, even though she has Word Viewer installed.  Strangely enough, she can download .docx attachments and look at them with the Word Viewer.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

THIS FROM MICROSOFT SITE

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4

View, print and copy Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed. This download is a replacement for Word Viewer 2003 and all previous Word Viewer versions. NOTE: The Microsoft Word Viewer is being retired in November, 2017. At that time, the Viewer will no longer be available for download and will no longer receive security updates. See Details for more information.

0 Likes