verizon.net email address
RBasham

Okay, attempting to totally eliminate the {edited for privacy}@ verizon.net email address because my real email address is {edited for privacy}@ gmail.com.  I have changed the address on the MyVerizon web page and it is correct.  I'm still getting emails sent to {edited for privacy}@ verizon.net (which is now owned by AOL because Verizon farmed out their email service to AOL sometime last year).  I have contacted (useless) support twice and both times the support person has indicated the correct gmail.com address is being used.

WRONG!  I'm still getting emails sent to {edited for privacy}@ verizon.net.  So, I completely closed my AOL account (which I never wanted in the first place).  Can somebody tell me how exactly to get Verizon to send their emails to my gmail.com email address?

0 Likes
Re: verizon.net email address
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Re: verizon.net email address
RBasham

Thank you for the reply.  However, one of two possibilities exist with your answer:

A) You didn't read the original post

B) You don't understand the problem

It has nothing to do with myuserid@verizon.net email going to AOL. That works perfectly.

The problem is the fact that Verizon (ISP provider for Internet/Phone/TV) is sending ANYTHING related to my Verizon account to myuserid@verizon.net.  All correspondence from Verizon should be going to myuserid@gmail.com  That is the email address set in my profile but Verizon is still sending account related emails to myuserid@verizon.net.  They have myuserid@verizon.net buried someplace in their system because they still send bills/payments/notices to myuserid@verizon.net.

At this point, it's moot.  I have closed my AOL account (which I never wanted) so anything they send to myuserid@verizon.net is going to get bounced as undeliverable.

0 Likes