quick menu

verizon.net email address

verizon.net email address

Contributor RBasham
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(1,015 Views)

Okay, attempting to totally eliminate the {edited for privacy}@ verizon.net email address because my real email address is {edited for privacy}@ gmail.com.  I have changed the address on the MyVerizon web page and it is correct.  I'm still getting emails sent to {edited for privacy}@ verizon.net (which is now owned by AOL because Verizon farmed out their email service to AOL sometime last year).  I have contacted (useless) support twice and both times the support person has indicated the correct gmail.com address is being used.

WRONG!  I'm still getting emails sent to {edited for privacy}@ verizon.net.  So, I completely closed my AOL account (which I never wanted in the first place).  Can somebody tell me how exactly to get Verizon to send their emails to my gmail.com email address?

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(1,003 Views)
Contributor RBasham
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(905 Views)

Thank you for the reply.  However, one of two possibilities exist with your answer:

A) You didn't read the original post

B) You don't understand the problem

It has nothing to do with myuserid@verizon.net email going to AOL. That works perfectly.

The problem is the fact that Verizon (ISP provider for Internet/Phone/TV) is sending ANYTHING related to my Verizon account to myuserid@verizon.net.  All correspondence from Verizon should be going to myuserid@gmail.com  That is the email address set in my profile but Verizon is still sending account related emails to myuserid@verizon.net.  They have myuserid@verizon.net buried someplace in their system because they still send bills/payments/notices to myuserid@verizon.net.

At this point, it's moot.  I have closed my AOL account (which I never wanted) so anything they send to myuserid@verizon.net is going to get bounced as undeliverable.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios