quick menu

verizon.net email stuck on same message for 4 days

verizon.net email stuck on same message for 4 days

Contributor VMS1
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(782 Views)

Hi Community,

I use Thunderbird for all my email accounts. About 4 days ago, when getting messages from my verizon.net account, it showed 124 messages waiting, and received the first one. It then stopped. Now everytime it goes to get messages, it picks up the same message again, and stops. It will get no others waiting, This has happened on 3 of my windows 10 machines all using thunderbird. Does anyone know how to get past this bad message? BTW, if I go directly to AOL.COM, all of the messages appear. I even deleted that message in AOL.COM, but it keeps coming back to my thunderbird account.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(735 Views)

Not a Thunderbird user.

Hope this helps in your case.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cannot-delete-messages

https://windowsreport.com/thunderbird-issues-windows-10/

Tom
QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(645 Views)

I don't know if you have already got around the problem.  The usual way to fix this is to check out the bad message using the Web Browser interface.  Then move or delete the message. 

Usual reasons for problem is size of message, bad message formatting.  Occassionaly problems at the server, in which case problem goes away.  And very rarely a bug in Thunderbird.  Depending on what you  saw with the web interface you can decide if you want to pursue the problem with Mozilla/Thunderbird or AOL.

Toms post shows you some info on what to do if the problem is corruption of files on your PC.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios