Re: verizon smtp no longer allowing custom domains
PR14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally unacceptable.  And with no warning ahead of time.  Even the support person I spoke with (one of several yesterday) said he had no warning it was happening either.  I've wasted hours trying to fix/work around this to no avail.  I filed a complaint with the FCC.  

apollos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to the private message site, following the directions the best I could, and the reply I found was just stated the obvious, namely that Verizon will not longer allow custom domain names in the FROM field.

Am I missing something?

dragonspire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same boat here. Been checking blacklists, refreshing DHCP IP, about ready to redo my SMTP configuration completely....and on my "relay" account I find a notice about this being turned off. Thanks Verizon! Time to start looking at what Comcast has for their package deal.

Filing FCC complaint now.

Mattg
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best part about this is that the notification that they were going to do this didn't go to the forwarding address you set up for your account.  Somehow Verizon's marketing emails make it to the forwarding address, so you might assume that the forwarding is working, but when they have a service announcement it just sits in the verizon email account that you thought you didn't have to check.

Thank you to all who are filing complaints to the FCC. 

AlexA12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Posting to this thread as well (posted to the Thunderbird thread before I saw this explosion).

VERY unhappy about this change. Yes, they "sent" an email (as noted, it did NOT forward, they seem to have simply inserted the email), but I don't check that email anyway.

meteoritedude
Enthusiast - Level 2

filed complaint. w/ fcc.

thanks for the link.

pl626
Contributor - Level 1

Furious with Verizon over this change.  I only saw the notice yesterday, as I never check my verizon.net account.  I know I'm not alone.  Their response that you must use that for SMTP is just a huge {word filter avoidance} to it's customers. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi softdev,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PR,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dragonspire,

0 Likes