Re: verizon smtp no longer allowing custom domains
meteoritedude
Enthusiast - Level 2

That document stating 'reply to' can be anything, is a lie.

That is the problem we are experiencing.

benerus
Enthusiast - Level 2

As long as you don't mind Google reading your email and using it to sell advertising aimed at your keywords...

Really Verizon you *are* the ISP - it's your *job* to let us send outgoing email.

benerus
Enthusiast - Level 2

to file a complaint with the FCC, which just takes 90 seconds via their web form:  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

user1234561
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is still no progress.  They need to fix this ASAP.

0 Likes
Can't send email with work address
AlbertHall

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I could use smtp.verizon.net to send emails from my work address (mail.nih.gov). Then, that stopped working and only could send emails with my verizon.net address This is the case with my cell phone and from my Apple mail application. I use POP accounts. Work IT has said that is appears to be happening at Verizon's end. Any suggestions. It is a hassle to connect by VPN everytine I want to answer a work email.

0 Likes
Re: Can't send email with work address
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
AlbertHall

Thank you. I discovered this cause afterwards. I sure wish Verizon would come up with a solution that would return the previous capability. 

0 Likes
user1234561
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, this still isn't fixed.  This company is terrible.

0 Likes
whoever2

This is ridiculous - how could they do this without warning???

0 Likes
sscarter1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just stumbled onto this thread. Have been struggling with intermittent SMTP issues for several weeks, and completely stumped. Has anyone found a workaround? I can't believe Verizon would do this. I've been a loyal FIOS customer since they first introduced the service - I was one of the first customers in the state. But this is completely unacceptable. Many of us use a different domain for email.

0 Likes