Re: verizon smtp no longer allowing custom domains
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sscarter wrote:

Just stumbled onto this thread. Have been struggling with intermittent SMTP issues for several weeks, and completely stumped. Has anyone found a workaround? I can't believe Verizon would do this. I've been a loyal FIOS customer since they first introduced the service - I was one of the first customers in the state. But this is completely unacceptable. Many of us use a different domain for email.

In general you can use reply to as a different valid email address.

People with Business account should be able to negotiate something with Verizon.

0 Likes
user1234561
Enthusiast - Level 3

This still isn't fixed.  It's as if Verizon wants to lose its customers.  This needs to be fixed immediately.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Except for those who have business accounts and include that in their service, it makes perfect sense for them to not allow custom domains. 

0 Likes
user1234561
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is still broken Verizon.  I have been unable to send email for MONTHS because of this screw up.  Still waiting on you to return our service.  This has been a huge inconvenience.  Worst customer service ever, a fact of which everyone is already well aware.  Just thought it warrants repeating in this situation.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

The From address has to be @verizon.net

However the return/reply address does not have to be that.

End of story - Sort of solved.

0 Likes