verizon yahoo email link
mercer1

I have spent 3hrs with Yahoo & 1hr with verizon.  No one knows how to cancel the link between Verizon Yahoo so that I can cancel a Yahoo email address that was hacked.

The Verizon tech after 1 hr told me to speak to billing to cancel my DSl and then reconnect it in a day or so!!!!

Billing gave me an incorrect tn to talk to someone else---I just may cancel this service but I won't reconnect with Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: verizon yahoo email link
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

I sent you a private message for further assistance.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Unlink Linked Verizon-Yahoo email accounts
dk10471
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Shamika_VZ wrote:
Hello,

I sent you a private message for further assistance.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Hi,

I also go tricked/ropped into linking my main and several secondary e-mail accounts with Verizon yahoo.

I would VERY MUCH like to disconnect these links and go back to a direct verizon.net account on all.

Years ago, I went through a similar discussion with tech support, cancel and reactivate etc. I do NOT want to cancel.

I do not want to lose my e-mail accounts and their history.

I just want to disconnect/ unlink the Verizon/yahoo . It makes things SO much more difficult to deal with, particularly setting up POP accounts in outlook, on Mobil devices etc.

I always get the settings mixed up between the direct incoming.verizon.net and the incoming.verizon.yahoo.net or incoming.yahoo.verizon.net. No matter how many times I do this I still get all twisted around.

Can you please respond to me in a private e-mail to my e-mail on file.

Thanks

DK1047

Techman28
Master - Level 1

I just want to advise everyone regarding yahoo link. If we do remove the link from yahoo if that's what you truely didn't want we can take it off however all emails and address book will be gone.

0 Likes
adcardwell

I am no longer a verizon customer and when I was I had a verzion/yahoo link.  I appears that in order to unlink my yahoo from verizon I have to do that through verizon which in my area is now frontier.  I have talked to verizon and frontier and no one has records of me or anyway method of unlinking.  I have absolutely no connection to verizon but always get the verizon/yahoo logo when i am in mail, etc. and always have the links on the page to verizn member center support etc.  How can I unlink?

Alan

0 Likes
twaibel

I have this same problem, I need to close/cancel a Verizon Yahoo email that has been hacked and is sending spam emails to my contacts. I have tried calling Yahoo, Verizon, and Frontier and no one knows what to do. This is EXTREMELY frustrating!!! Please help!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Definetely Set up a POP3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) with the Verizon/Yahoo mail settings and download all content. Also, backup any contacts on the Yahoo mail center - that way you don't lose all of your emails and mail contacts.   you can try to import them back from the pop3 client later.

Sample Yahoo settings.

Incoming Mail server   incoming.yahoo.verizon.com  port 110 and NO SSL checked.

SMTP server  outgoing.verizon.com   Port 587 and NO SSL checked.  (my server requires authentication = YES) (SPA no check)

Then I saw in the main verizon.net page a place to change that?  so I am not sure, but you can try it.  I would definetely do the step above first.    When you are ready, Log in at www.verizon.net  and then do the following ACCOUNT>Account Profile>Residential. The next page, from the "Jump to:" list, select "Online Experience" At that point, select the link labeled "Change My Online Experience"

swalton7969

I am having these problems as well.  My account was hacked and all of my contacts are getting spam emails from my original email address.  I have created another one and I need to delete my email address so people do not continue to get these emails.  They are getting angry and I want to end this.  Please help.

0 Likes
avkg

I have the same problem.

My yahoo email was hacked and I need to unlink my account asap

0 Likes
gwagg
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizon yahoo email was hacked.  spam is being sent from my email.  need to close it down and create a new email address.  please hekp

0 Likes