verizon yahoo password
zztop123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Verizon Yahoo account which was hacked and a Bulgarian is now sending emails to all my contacts.  I try to change the password and get redirected to Verizon Central.  I can easily change the password for Verizon central but this does nothing for my Yahoo account.  Verizon support is useless because they say it is a Yahoo issue.  Yahoo has no support.  How do I either change my yahoo password or cancel it outright?  Every time I try I get bounced back to Verizon customer support. It never ends.....

0 Likes
Re: verizon yahoo password
zztop123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody with a Yahoo Verizon email account:

If you want to change the password in Yahoo you must have the connection working between Yahoo and Verizon. 

Verizon disconnected the service portal between Yahoo and Verizon.  I was then unable to change the password for my Yahoo email account. If you have a @verizon.net email address and use Yahoo make sure the Portal service is active.  If not you end up in hell.  I spent all week trying to change my yahoo password without success.  You can change your verizon message center password with no problem when the portal service is disconnected. This does not help you with Yahoo.

I must have spent 20 hours on this.  It is so good to come to conclusion.

0 Likes
JA_1

I'm having exactly the same issue.  I can change my Verizon password, but it has no effect on my Yahoo email password.  How do I make sure the Portal service between Verizon and Yahoo is activated?

0 Likes
zztop123
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only way is to contact Verizon support which will take you hours of phone time.  good luck....

0 Likes
Khlocornae

The same thing happened to me yesterday except mine seems to have been hacked by someone in New York atleast thats what it said. I am so disgusted and have been trying since yesterday to change my password and to no avail.

0 Likes
vzman24

I think if would just be easier if you change your online experience to Verizon only instead of vz with yahoo. go to your account profile and scroll to the bottom and click on change online experience.

0 Likes
lindarod

How do I get to account profile and ti change to verizon net?

0 Likes