verizon your domain (maintain @verizon.net e-mail addresses)
pod98
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello, all.  i just spent over an hour on the phone trying to renew my "verizon your domain", and i got absolutely nothing done.

i see "@verizon.net" will be going away  --  anyone know how much longer that will be valid??

if it will be around a little longer, can anyone tell me how to renew my "verizon your domain" for another year??

we're coming up on the one-year timeline from the intial setup of this, and i don't wanna be suprised!  😮

the URL i was sent doesn't provide any way of renewing this.  and, the phone number i was given just provided yet another URL that does nothing.

thanks for any help . . . john.

0 Likes
Re: verizon your domain (maintain @verizon.net e-mail addresses)
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You no longer need to apply anywhere to keep your email name.   As long as you access it every 6 months you will have access.  Note really need to access every 90 days as they will suspend the account after that and delete after 180 according to the rules listed at AOL (see remaing of post).

However note that Verizon is moving all email over to AOL (a recent Verizon Purchase).  You will have to logon to webmail.verizon.net occassionally (or check email telling you you must) in order to complete the move.  Once you complete your move you can continue to use your existing email id and email app settings.  THe webmail address becomes http;//mail.aol.com.

Those of us in California, Florida, and Texas have moved or will be moved to AOL by the end of the month.  No schedule has been announced for the remaing states.

pod98
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks!!!

no worries about that, we pretty much access them every day.  does it matter if the access is through POP3, or does it need to be through the website??

i was reading up a little on the whole AOL switchover, and we haven't seen any messages when we use the online site to check e-mail, so i'm not sure what's going on with that.

sorry for all the questions, but after the AOL move, will "@verizon.net" still be valid??

thanks again for responding so quick  --  definitely better than the hour on the phone with no answers!  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
TimeVoyager
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to Verizon's FAQ page, yes, you may continue to use the Verizon.net email addresses. The FAQ is here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/email

@pod98 wrote:

thanks!!!

no worries about that, we pretty much access them every day.  does it matter if the access is through POP3, or does it need to be through the website??

i was reading up a little on the whole AOL switchover, and we haven't seen any messages when we use the online site to check e-mail, so i'm not sure what's going on with that.

sorry for all the questions, but after the AOL move, will "@verizon.net" still be valid??

thanks again for responding so quick  --  definitely better than the hour on the phone with no answers!  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
pod98
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks!

just kinda seems strange that this will basically be free now, so that's why i've got all the questions.

just out of curiosity, i called another "verizonyourdomain" number, and it was just the same thing as the other number i was given.  there's no human being anywhere, just a few websites given, and the main verizon phone number.

0 Likes