want to change my e-maill adress
trentrb211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to change my primary e-mail address without using a sub account?  Trying to get away from all the spam that keeps coming in.  If some tells me to use the filters, I'm going to shoot them Man Mad Smiley Happy.  They don't work for me.  Thank you for anybodys help!!!!

0 Likes
Re: want to change my e-maill adress
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon won't change your username unless you have a VERY good (read: legal) reason to do so.

You could always set up an alias address though, which gives you an additional way to receive mail to the same account. I'm about to say what you said not to say: If you want to use only the alias address, set up a filter to discard anything where the To: field is your username.

So if you currently have cake@verizon.net and would rather have cupcake@verizon.net, set up the alias, then create a filter that says: If To matches cake@verizon.net, discard message.

It's a workaround, and it might be better to just set up a sub and abandon your primary, but it depends on your preferences.

0 Likes
Re: want to change my e-email address
trentrb211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your advise.  I may try your suggestion, what do I have to loose, right?.  You actually described the filter thing in a way that made me understand it better.  Thanks  

Re: want to change my e-email address
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Let us know if it works out for you. Glad I could help with the Filters thing, I know they're a bit confusing at first.