Switch Account

want to change my e-maill adress

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

want to change my e-maill adress

Message 1 of 4
(545 Views)

Is there a way to change my primary e-mail address without using a sub account?  Trying to get away from all the spam that keeps coming in.  If some tells me to use the filters, I'm going to shoot them Man Mad Smiley Happy.  They don't work for me.  Thank you for anybodys help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: want to change my e-maill adress

Message 2 of 4
(538 Views)

Verizon won't change your username unless you have a VERY good (read: legal) reason to do so.

You could always set up an alias address though, which gives you an additional way to receive mail to the same account. I'm about to say what you said not to say: If you want to use only the alias address, set up a filter to discard anything where the To: field is your username.

So if you currently have cake@verizon.net and would rather have cupcake@verizon.net, set up the alias, then create a filter that says: If To matches cake@verizon.net, discard message.

It's a workaround, and it might be better to just set up a sub and abandon your primary, but it depends on your preferences.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: want to change my e-email address

Message 3 of 4
(525 Views)

Thanks for your advise.  I may try your suggestion, what do I have to loose, right?.  You actually described the filter thing in a way that made me understand it better.  Thanks  

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: want to change my e-email address

Message 4 of 4
(497 Views)

Let us know if it works out for you. Glad I could help with the Filters thing, I know they're a bit confusing at first.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.