webmail login points to verizon wireless server may no longer exist.
paulauf
Enthusiast - Level 2

When going through the webmail login procedure, the page that should be my account at mail.verizon.com, instead tries to open login.verizonwireless.com and I get "The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist." My firefox account on my work computer still points to the correct server probably because of cached settings. The IE loginin at work and the home browsers go to verizonwireless. My email account is associated with an account we had in NY. We moved to SC five years ago but made arrangements to keep the accounts. How can I get to the correct email server?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: webmail login points to verizon wireless server may no longer exist.
paulauf
Enthusiast - Level 2

After five days and countless hours on the phone and chat with dozens of different tecs, we finally figured it out. My wireless account and email accounts had the same username and password. When logging in, I was being redirected to the wireless page which no longer existed. By changing the email password, I'm now directed to the correct page. Problem solved!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably a temporary outage.  The logon process does in fact use the Login process originally developed for the wireless site, but should than go back to the mail page.

0 Likes
paulauf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I first noticed it on Oct 22. As of today, Oct 27, it is still doing it. My Firefox at work still goes to the correct page, but the IE and all home and phone browsers go to the verizonwireless page. That doesn't sound temperory. Can it be related to the migration of some verizon.net addresses to AOL since the six-month grace period from April 1 has expired?

0 Likes
paulauf
Enthusiast - Level 2

After five days and countless hours on the phone and chat with dozens of different tecs, we finally figured it out. My wireless account and email accounts had the same username and password. When logging in, I was being redirected to the wireless page which no longer existed. By changing the email password, I'm now directed to the correct page. Problem solved!!!

0 Likes