Ask The Expert: Have questions about using the Verizon Fios Community? The Experts are Here!
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have questions about using the Verizon Fios Community?

LawrenceC and Li-Silke, two of our Subject Matter Experts on Community, will be here to answer your questions about using the Verizon Fios Community.

How does this event work?

Come to this Ask The Expert Board and post your question by Tuesday, September 22nd. 

LawrenceC and Li-Silke will do their best to answer your questions by Tuesday, September 29th. 

Why should I come to the "Ask The Expert" session?

• Do you need basic info on how to use the Community?
  • Do you need to learn about how to navigate the Community?
  • Are you getting the most out of the search feature?
  • Are you wondering where to find information on how to use the Community?

The event will occur on the Ask The Expert section of the Fios Community.

We are looking forward to answering your questions by Tuesday, September 29th. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
Labels (1)
4 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Ask The Expert: Have questions about using the Verizon Fios Community? The Experts are Here!
KH-Silke1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @Ace2019,

Thank you for your questions!

I would like to know more about how to use the community.

There is a “Help” section with lots of information on how to use the Community. You can find it by clicking on your avatar on the top right corner and then click on "Help" in the pop-out slider menu.

This will take you to the “Help” section where you will find lots of “How to” instructions.

I would also like to hear more about the best ways to find the information I am searching for. 

The easiest way to search is to start typing your question or keywords into the search bar. The search bar is found on top of the page throughout the Community.

After a few seconds there will be a drop down displaying suggestions depending on your search terms. You can just click on any of those or hit enter.

However, this may not always get you the information you are looking for.
If you need a more precise search, you can click on the magnifying glass on the left in the search bar.

This will take you to the search page.
Here you can search for Posts, Users, Private Messages.

You can also filter the results by location, author, date, metadata (posts that have been solved or received kudos), type of post, posts that contain images, videos, attachments.
If a filter option is greyed out, there are no search results that fit that criterion.

If needed, sort your results by date, views, kudos, replies, best match.

On the top right of the search page you can also click on "Advanced" search.
There you can find search modifiers and select how you want to view your results.

If you would like to help other members, you can also check the box "Topics with no replies" and see if there are any questions that you might be able to answer.

I hope this will help you discover some things you didn't know about. 😊

View solution in original post

Re: Ask The Expert: Have questions about using the Verizon Fios Community? The Experts are Here!
KH-Silke1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @Khories ,

Great questions and thank you for participating in our Ask the Expert event!

If I come across something that shouldn't be on the community, like spam or advertisement, is there a way for me to report that? 

The most efficient way to report spam or other inappropriate content is to click the gear icon in the top right corner of a post. This will open a drop down menu. On the bottom you will see “Report inappropriate content”. Click on that.

On the next screen you can add a reason why you think the content is inappropriate. Then click on “Notify Moderator” and a moderator will be notified. The moderator will then take action according to the Community Guidelines

Is there an area where I can report bugs or leave feedback?

Absolutely! You can always leave feedback or report a bug on our “Suggestions For This Community” board.

You can find it by clicking on Verizon Fios Community > Information Center > Suggestions For This Community.

Or through the navigation on the right Information Center > Suggestions For This Community.

I hope this helps. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@Zihna wrote:

Hi,

When I add an image to my post, nobody can see it. Why is that? 

Hi Zihna,

Thank you for your question.  First, just so everyone knows, to add an image to a post, use the camera icon in the post editor tools to select and upload your picture.  Do not try to add an image as an attachment, as that will not work due to the file type.

When you add an image to your post it will not be immediately visible because all  images are reviewed by a moderator before they post.  We check to see that images do not contain personally identifiable information that should be kept private, as well as other content that would violate the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines.

Adding images to a post can make finding a solution to a problem much easier in many cases.  But please remember to allow time for your images to post so that other Community members can view them.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@forumuser123 wrote:

Do you have any tips for making a good post that will help me get an answer to my question?

Hi forumuser123,

Good question!  I was hoping someone would ask that.

When posting about problems with a device or service, you want to provide all of the relevant facts about your issue so that other Community members have a complete description of what is occurring, what model of equipment you are having trouble with, and what steps you have already tried to fix the problem.  If you are asking a general question or seeking advice or recommendations, try to provide enough information to let readers know exactly what you are asking about -- try to be specific.

While it is always important to provide all pertinent information, the biggest mistake I see people fall into is making their messages too long by providing a lot of unnecessary history or background details.  You want other Community members to read your post, so keep it as short and simple for them as you can. 

And always remember that Community members are Verizon users like you who volunteer their time and knowledge to assist others.  So be courteous and respectful and you have a good chance of getting replies that may provide an answer to your question.

Whisper_2004
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I would also like to hear more about the best ways to find the information I am searching for. 

Thank you!

Kh-Silke
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

If I come across something that shouldn't be on the community, like spam or advertisement, is there a way for me to report that? 

Zihna
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have any tips for making a good post that will help me get an answer to my question?

KH-Silke1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @Ace2019,

Thank you for your questions!

There is a “Help” section with lots of information on how to use the Community. You can find it by clicking on your avatar on the top right corner and then click on "Help" in the pop-out slider menu.

This will take you to the “Help” section where you will find lots of “How to” instructions.

The easiest way to search is to start typing your question or keywords into the search bar. The search bar is found on top of the page throughout the Community.

After a few seconds there will be a drop down displaying suggestions depending on your search terms. You can just click on any of those or hit enter.

However, this may not always get you the information you are looking for.
If you need a more precise search, you can click on the magnifying glass on the left in the search bar.

This will take you to the search page.
Here you can search for Posts, Users, Private Messages.

You can also filter the results by location, author, date, metadata (posts that have been solved or received kudos), type of post, posts that contain images, videos, attachments.
If a filter option is greyed out, there are no search results that fit that criterion.

If needed, sort your results by date, views, kudos, replies, best match.

On the top right of the search page you can also click on "Advanced" search.
There you can find search modifiers and select how you want to view your results.

If you would like to help other members, you can also check the box "Topics with no replies" and see if there are any questions that you might be able to answer.

I hope this will help you discover some things you didn't know about. 😊

KH-Silke1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @Khories ,

Great questions and thank you for participating in our Ask the Expert event!

The most efficient way to report spam or other inappropriate content is to click the gear icon in the top right corner of a post. This will open a drop down menu. On the bottom you will see “Report inappropriate content”. Click on that.

On the next screen you can add a reason why you think the content is inappropriate. Then click on “Notify Moderator” and a moderator will be notified. The moderator will then take action according to the Community Guidelines

Absolutely! You can always leave feedback or report a bug on our “Suggestions For This Community” board.

You can find it by clicking on Verizon Fios Community > Information Center > Suggestions For This Community.

Or through the navigation on the right Information Center > Suggestions For This Community.

I hope this helps. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@Zihna wrote:

Hi,

Hi Zihna,

Thank you for your question.  First, just so everyone knows, to add an image to a post, use the camera icon in the post editor tools to select and upload your picture.  Do not try to add an image as an attachment, as that will not work due to the file type.

When you add an image to your post it will not be immediately visible because all  images are reviewed by a moderator before they post.  We check to see that images do not contain personally identifiable information that should be kept private, as well as other content that would violate the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines.

Adding images to a post can make finding a solution to a problem much easier in many cases.  But please remember to allow time for your images to post so that other Community members can view them.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@forumuser123 wrote:

Hi forumuser123,

Good question!  I was hoping someone would ask that.

When posting about problems with a device or service, you want to provide all of the relevant facts about your issue so that other Community members have a complete description of what is occurring, what model of equipment you are having trouble with, and what steps you have already tried to fix the problem.  If you are asking a general question or seeking advice or recommendations, try to provide enough information to let readers know exactly what you are asking about -- try to be specific.

While it is always important to provide all pertinent information, the biggest mistake I see people fall into is making their messages too long by providing a lot of unnecessary history or background details.  You want other Community members to read your post, so keep it as short and simple for them as you can. 

And always remember that Community members are Verizon users like you who volunteer their time and knowledge to assist others.  So be courteous and respectful and you have a good chance of getting replies that may provide an answer to your question.