Ask The Expert: Have questions about your Fios TV service? The Expert is Here!
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have questions about your Fios TV service?

CRobGauth, one of our Subject Matter Experts on "Fios TV”, will be here to answer your Fios TV service questions.

How does this event work?

Come to this Ask The Expert Board and post your question by Wednesday, February 19th.

CRobGauth will do his best to answer your questions by Wednesday, February 26th.

Why should I come to the "Ask The Expert" session?

• Do you need basic info on your Fios TV service?
  • Do you need to learn how to use your Fios TV service?
  • Are you getting the most out of your Fios TV service?
  • Do you have specific issues that you have been trying to troubleshoot?

The event will occur on the Ask The Expert section of the Fios Community.

We are looking forward to answering your questions by Wednesday, February 26th!

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Ask The Expert: Have questions about your Fios TV service? The Expert is Here!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are familiar with networking and configuring your router, you can use it.

Here is a thread that tells you how to do that: Ask The Expert: Have a Question about using your own Router with Fios? The Expert is Here! 

As for channels, FiOS (like all other cable providers) are not yet a la carte. Unfortunately, the contracts with cable providers require certain channels to be carried in certain packages.

Verizon does have a number of different channel packages.

Some are the traditional tiered ones.
There are also ones that are grouped by content.

Go into verizon.com to see your options.

View solution in original post

Re: Ask The Expert: Have questions about your Fios TV service? The Expert is Here!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most cable providers offer the same type of features.

The thing I like the most about FiOS is the fact it is always there.

I have heard from customers of other providers about the number of outages they have.

Hoping I an not jinxing myself, but I can only remember 1-2 outages in the 10+ years I have had the service.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe so (I don't have a Chromecast).

I have a Samsung phone and it allows me to screen mirror anything from my phone to devices like Roku or some newer Samsung TVs.

The app does have more channels when at home than when outside the home.

One other benefit of the app is that if you are a Verizon Wireless customer, the data used by the app while on cell does not count against a data cap if you have one.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I do not have Verizon as my provider, I ask the following questions.

#1 If I had FIOS TV and I wanted to use my own router and keep all FIOS services working: What would I need to do / how would I do it - assuming that I had FIOS services?

#2 If I had FIOS TV and I wanted to pick the stations that I want to watch and pay for only (not paying for channels that I do not even watch): Can I and so how?

Kh-Silke
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I am interested in your favorite features of the Fios TV service. 

What are some reasons users should switch? 

Whisper_2004
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I cast from the FiosTV app to my Chrome Cast? 

I know with another cable provider it is not possible to cast from their App to TV. Does Fios offer that feature? 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are familiar with networking and configuring your router, you can use it.

Here is a thread that tells you how to do that: Ask The Expert: Have a Question about using your own Router with Fios? The Expert is Here! 

As for channels, FiOS (like all other cable providers) are not yet a la carte. Unfortunately, the contracts with cable providers require certain channels to be carried in certain packages.

Verizon does have a number of different channel packages.

Some are the traditional tiered ones.
There are also ones that are grouped by content.

Go into verizon.com to see your options.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most cable providers offer the same type of features.

The thing I like the most about FiOS is the fact it is always there.

I have heard from customers of other providers about the number of outages they have.

Hoping I an not jinxing myself, but I can only remember 1-2 outages in the 10+ years I have had the service.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe so (I don't have a Chromecast).

I have a Samsung phone and it allows me to screen mirror anything from my phone to devices like Roku or some newer Samsung TVs.

The app does have more channels when at home than when outside the home.

One other benefit of the app is that if you are a Verizon Wireless customer, the data used by the app while on cell does not count against a data cap if you have one.