1gb fios cuts out every hour
Jlee-llacer

So before I upgraded.  My internet would cut out several times a day and I would have to reboot the router.  I upgraded to 1gb to see if this would help.  Instead , my internet seems to cut out on me more frequently for 30 seconds.  All though I don’t have to reset the router.  This happens whether I am streaming netflix, on a zoom call, or just surfing the internet.  It happens on all my devices whether they are LAN or through Wi-Fi.  When I call Verizon, they say everything looks good on their end.

0 Likes
Re: 1gb fios cuts out every hour
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few questions to start the ball rolling....

If you are subscribed to other FiOS services (television and/or telephone), are they experiencing any troubles?

When the Internet drops, does the ONT show any physical alarms?

Can the router's logs be checked for error messages?

Jlee-llacer

Only have the internet.  When I use to have all 3,  definitely the phone was out too.  I didn’t check the tv because I never watched it.

as for alarms. I will have to check, but don’t think anything on my old router showed an issue other than no internet signal.  Not sure what to look for with the new router.

not sure how to check logs for error messages.  I will have to look that up.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given that the telephone service also cut out would point to either an ONT problem or some issue further upstream (multiple services cutting out).

When the Internet service was upgraded, did Verizon replace the ONT, or was the existing unit an Alcatel-Lucent 211?

I think that the ONT has some sort of alarm logging capabilities (if not, someone will correct me). If the times that the service drops is logged for a day it two, that should help with troubleshooting.

Consider logging the time of the drops and contacting Verizon Support.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I meant to say logging drops in service for a day or two.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the OP go to WAN DHCP logs and send the logs to me to take a look through private message?