25/25 Fios plan: upload speed capped at 0.3Mbps
bofg
Enthusiast - Level 1

My upload speed has been capped for the past week at 0.3Mbps.  I have been monitoring the download/upload rates consistantly and i have been logging them.  Other than during 0100-0300 my upload speed averages 0.3Mbps

This is clearly a cap on my upload speed and I would like to know how to get this removed

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 25/25 Fios plan: upload speed capped at 0.3Mbps
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Pretty strange if nothing at all has changed on your end, i.e. no devices on your LAN that were using data and no longer are.

Let's hope whatever the problem is (or was) that it stays fixed.  If it comes back, since it sounds like you're doing everything you should be doing to get your promised speeds, I'd call Verizon and ask them to send a tech for a visit during a time of day when you are actually experiencing the slow down.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

It's unlikely that your service is actually being capped on purpose by Verizon.

You're talking to fellow users on this peer-to-peer forum.   A few answers may help better understand your issue so someone may come up with a suggestion for a solution.  For starters:

What model router to you have, including the letter suffix? 

Are you measuring your speeds via an Ethernet connection to your router, of via wifi?

What speed test are you using to make the actual speed measurements?

0 Likes
bofg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your response.

I am using a Rev I. model actiontec router

Ethernet wired connection all 1Gbps around round the network.

I veriefied my speed using Speedtest.com and verizon's speed test.  I also use Soft Perfect's NetWorx to log my DL and UL average rates monthly/weekly/hourly.

What is funny, is that shortly after bring this to the forum, my Upload speed has increased, after a week of performance being reduced to 300kbps - 600kbps, i am now uploading at around 2.85MBps

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Pretty strange if nothing at all has changed on your end, i.e. no devices on your LAN that were using data and no longer are.

Let's hope whatever the problem is (or was) that it stays fixed.  If it comes back, since it sounds like you're doing everything you should be doing to get your promised speeds, I'd call Verizon and ask them to send a tech for a visit during a time of day when you are actually experiencing the slow down.

Good luck.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If speedtest.verizon.net does not give you your subscribed speed, you need to contact support.

They can troubleshoot your connection.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would guess that some faulty equipment was fixed.  Hopefully it will stay fixed.

0 Likes