400ms to the first hop, really!?
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: 400ms to the first hop, really!?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is only occurring during peak hours correct? Or is this at all times of the day? 400ms latency isn't too far off from the ballpark that usually results from either the download or the upload being maxed out.

0 Likes
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1

During peak hours. This is connecting directly to the ONT via ethernet, just my PC, no router.

It fixed itself, but this happens all the time, sometimes in the middle of the night. I will try to access bing or google and it will time out or take 20 seconds to load, or it will time out and I will have to hit the refresh button for it to load.

0 Likes
nkoconno

I have the same issues.  Tech Support is of no help.  I have logged countless tickets with support and I have yet to be able to speak to anyone who understands the issue.  The "tech support" people just "run tests" against my line.. presumably they're testing from fios to fios. 

0 Likes
msamper

Same problem here, started a few days ago, everything is crazy slow. This is my test speed for a 50/25 connection, ping used to be under 10ms

Tech support solution is to replace the router which I refuse as it's clearly not a router issue

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay. Chances are we will need to have Verizon check the OLT/PON out to see if it is congested or faulty. You might want to try calling the Fiber Solutions Center while this is happening to see what they can find. You should be able to reach them through the main 1-800-VERIZON number.

If you know the model of your ONT, please share it. This will help us find out if you are on BPON or GPON technology.

0 Likes
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1

my ONT is a 612A, it used to be a 612 until about a year ago when a field tech replaced it with a 612A after getting packet loss issues

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tellabs ONTs are typically BPON on the FiOS network, so Verizon will need to check for both congestion and for bad equipment again.

0 Likes