75/75 and Orbi mesh
techm0m

I currently have 75/75 from an ethernet connection (sfh 612 ONT, GS1100) router. I am awaiting upgrade of ONT but tech can't come until September.  We were hoping to use the Netgear Orbi system for current drop zones with everyone working from home.  Is the Orbi system pointless with 75/75 right now?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 75/75 and Orbi mesh
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure if i am missing the correlation, but using the Netgear addresses the wi-fi signal coverage INSIDE your house well past the ONT. Whatever speed you get via your service, it will be more reliably available through your house.

The ONT upgrade/speed increase should help the throughput and speed of your connection, and if you get the new G3100, also your Wi-fi coverage (compared to the G100) but i see them as two separate pieces of the puzzle.

You can definitely use your Orbi right now, and if/when you upgrade, likely continue to use it as well - just make sure you follow the stickied thread about using your own router.

View solution in original post

Re: 75/75 and Orbi mesh
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure if i am missing the correlation, but using the Netgear addresses the wi-fi signal coverage INSIDE your house well past the ONT. Whatever speed you get via your service, it will be more reliably available through your house.

The ONT upgrade/speed increase should help the throughput and speed of your connection, and if you get the new G3100, also your Wi-fi coverage (compared to the G100) but i see them as two separate pieces of the puzzle.

You can definitely use your Orbi right now, and if/when you upgrade, likely continue to use it as well - just make sure you follow the stickied thread about using your own router.