Accessing router?
chipnange2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. For some reason I am unable to access my router using my User Name and Password. The problem I am having is whenever I try to enter my password there are extra digits poping up in the field as I type. I have no idea why this is. Is there any other way I can ge tinto it to see the stats with out resetting it and deleteing my port forwards?

Thanks for any info.

0 Likes
Re: Accessing router?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chipnange2 wrote:

The problem I am having is whenever I try to enter my password there are extra digits poping up in the field as I type.

That is a security feature to try to prevent users from seeing what you type in.

A near worthless feature.

#1 If someone has a keyboard logger on your computer, then that feature will not prevent the keyboard logger from recording what you type.

#2 If you do not use SSL to log-in (https), then someone with a sniffer can see your info in the clear.

0 Likes
Re: Accessing router?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the extra key strokes are normal, so just trust that you're typing it in correctly, as the previous poster had mentioned. also keep in mind that many of the default passwords to the routers turn out to be the serial number on the service tag of the router. it's near the UPC bar code, and it IS case sensitive. 

try that one and see if it works.