Account locked
Crash

For the past several weeks, I have repeatedly been locked out of my Verizon account and have to go through the security measures of resetting my password to reopen the account.  The reason I get locked out is "repeated failed attempts to log on", which is not true.  Is this a problem for anyone else?  

0 Likes
Re: Account locked
Hailstorm4
Enthusiast - Level 2
This started happening to me today. Received a text saying my account was locked due to 4 unsuccessful attempts to log-in. No one here has tried to log-in. I reset account & opted to receive the pin code to my home phone which worked fine- except after I finished I got another call saying they received my request for the PIN. I hadn't requested it again. And when I finished the reset I got another text saying my account is locked out. What's going on?
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have reported these incidents and it will be looked into.

0 Likes
lalfred

this also happened to me today.  Got 7 or 8 texts to mobile that was locked out.  Hadn't tried to login to verizon website in over 72 hours.  Tried to log in when home at my computer and said locked out after numerous attempts to log in.  Tried to call verizon support but couldn't get past automated system.  Then while doing that, after re-setting password, got another text and was blocked again.  And then yet again.  So had to reset password 3 times today.  Is someone accessing email and trying to break into accounts on some large scale?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sounds like hackers to me,  they were trying to get in, and may have gotten your account locked.  Be sure to change the PW and make it very strong but easy enough to remember.

I like to use sentences or catch phrases and then mix some of the vowels for numbers     0 instead of an o or an 3 instead of an e

0 Likes
Tribefan
Just got 2 more texts saying my account is blocked after 4 repeated attempts to log-in. Wish someone would figure out what's going on.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ever set up your Verizon e-mail on a smartphone or other device, even computers? This applies if you use a POP client or something like an IMAP client if you're using the Verizon Yahoo mail service. These devices can cause lock-outs if you've updated your password, but forgot to also fix the password elsewhere.

0 Likes
Psmitty04
I have received the same text two days in a row now. I have updated my password on both my smart phone and tablet but got locked out again regardless. Starting to get annoyed because I cannot retrieve some very time sensitive emails. Have they figured this out yet?
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
cannot log in
cg361

I can get on the internet and even on to the Verizon home page. But I cannot sign in. Yes, I know my UN and PW but I cannot get into the site. Any ideas?????

0 Likes