Acquiring Network Address/Very Slow Speed
Debra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from Comcast to Fios for my internet.  Everything running well.  I have a Fios wireless router but also attached is the lynks wireless router that I was using with my old Comcast router.  Not sure why the tech did it that way (two wireless routers) since the Fios router was already wireless but I didn't care much since everything was running great.  Until two days ago...

There are two Apple computers in the house with perfect wireless internet access.  I have Microsoft XP and now (1) the access is horribly slow plus (2) I have huge problems connecting and lost 1/2 yesterday because I had perfect connectivity but kept getting a message about "acquiring network address" so I never actually got connected to the internet.  I removed the Lynks wireless router and moved my cell phone away from the computer.  I finally got internet access after losing another 1/2 today with no internet and it is still very slow.  Recommendations are very welcome!

0 Likes
Re: Acquiring Network Address/Very Slow Speed
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds like there was an IP Address conflict due to the fact that you had a 2nd router hooked up but probably not correctly.  You can do this (though I wouldn't advise) but you would have to use static IP's on the LAN side.  My advice is to use the Actiontec as your only router. 

0 Likes
Re: Acquiring Network Address/Very Slow Speed
Debra
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Brian.  I am just on the FIOS wireless router right now and have this painfully slow internet connection.  The Apple computers in the house love FIOS.  My computer loved FIOS as well for a few days and then something happened.  Should I ask a Verizon Tech to come to the house and reset the router?  I called Tech Support on the phone and 90 minutes later had no solution.

Thanks so much.

0 Likes