Re: Actiontec MI424WR DLNA Problems
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You guys seem to have an interesting issue,  I would be curious as to what actiontec has to say.   They won't talk to you over the phone, but they will respond via their contact us form online.

if any of you get an answer, please share it with the rest of us.
0 Likes
ian21a
Enthusiast - Level 1
Also having this problem. DLNA is working on the wired part of my network, but all of a sudden, about two weeks ago it just stopped working on the wireless side. Did Verizon do a firmware update maybe on these routers??? The IP address distribution "fix" described above SOMETIMES gives a brief fix. PLEASE someone help find a way to solve this!
0 Likes
Optimus78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem with my wired desktop streaming to my PS3.  I called verizon tech support a few weeks ago and told him I had narrowed the problem down to the router but he kept saying there was nothing wrong with the router.  The temp fix works for me but I would like for something more solid.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Have you guys tried to give the devices a fixed address.  I would think if it was a fixed address, and never changes, then you wouldn't have to worry about the time outs

How to get the same IP assignment per device

0 Likes
Optimus78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Assigning a static IP did not help either

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what dlna devices are you guys trying to use?  ps3?  tv?  

what kind of files, how large etc..

0 Likes
UTDCole
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same issue after being sent an Anctiontec MI424WR to replace an old failing Westell. The DHCP workaround usually works. I updated the router to the latest firmware version (40.19.22) and still experience the issue. I wrote Actiontec support and received the following response:

Resolution:
=========================
Please report your finding to Verizon then please. They would need to test the DLNA requests and then write new firmware if needed.

Does Verizon Support monitor this forum? If so, what kind of information do they need to help track this down? The failure symptom is that the PS3 does not see any DLNA devices until the above-mentioned workaround is performed. After the workaround all the DLNA servers (I have PCs and a streaming-capable home media array) show and and work until the PS3 is rebooted/looses its IP address. 

bigjay654
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem as everyone else.  I'm running minidlna on a NAS connected via ethernet.  All PC's and media players on ethernet can see the minidlna service however all devices connected via wireless cannot see the service.  I did the DHCP trick, which worked for a few hours.  I have firmware verzion 20.19.8 on a rev E router.  I tried downgrading firmware's to version 20.10.7.5 but I get a error message "bad file" or something like that.

0 Likes
UTDCole
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just wanted to let everyone know that I called Verizon this evening and they were of no help - "Try sending an email to the address that is listed somewhere on the website" (which even the technical support rep couldn't find). I did, however, find the solution to this problem!

Login to the router, Advanced -> Yes -> IPMG Proxy - Set IGMP Proxy (Enable/Disable): to Disable and save.

That's all it takes! Happy streaming everyone!

aevans0001
Enthusiast - Level 2

@UTDCole   YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Thank you very much, I switched it and now can access my DLNA on wireless, on wired, on Cell Phones, on Roku, etc....

Thanks!!!

Adam