Re: Actiontec MI424WR DLNA Problems
Cory10701
Enthusiast - Level 1

This jump worked for me!!! Everything works again. The PS3 media server and the TVersity media server both now show up on my PS3. Thank you for posting this. I had tried all the other fixes to no avail.

0 Likes
LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. Isn't this a bug that Verizon should be fixing ASAP? This can't be intended behavior. Only once I figured out that it was a wired vs wireless issue was I able to find that other thread in this forum about the same issue. I'm good now, but what a frustrating problem.
0 Likes
LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just noticed this morning that IGMP Proxy was enabled again. I didn't touch that setting. Is it possible it reverted back on its own or via a network command from Fios? Anyone else have it revert back? In general, will Fios be issuing a fix for this? No way it's correct that this is enabled by default and causes this kind of issues with DLNA.
0 Likes
Media101
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the direct link.  I disabled IGMP proxy but my iTunes Home Sharing still disconnects after a few minutes?  Do I need to disable the IGMP in the routing sections of Advanced Settings as well or something else?

soshamba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got the MI424WR Rev E. and just recently streaming from my Windows 7 PC to my xbox stopped working. Had the same setup and router for almost a year and worked without issue.

Tried everything I could think of one Saturday afternoon to no avail. A call to verizon tech support didn't help either. Finally decided to get the router swapped at my nearest verizon store. Streaming worked fine when I first set it up, but to my surpise later in the evening it stopped working again.

Disabling IGMP Proxy as suggested in this thread immedietly fixed the issue. Thanks for the help!

imran238

I have major issues with my Actiontec router, I can't see any of my DLNA devices. I tried the following fixes:

1. Changing the IGMP proxy settings - I had no options on the router to do this until I found a link that took me to this option directly and by disablingit I couldn't see my DLNA DEVICES.

2.I tired changing the IP Address Distribution and again this did not work

3. I tried messing with the IVP6 settings and again no luck.

I have called Verizon mutliple times and they cannot give me the Westell 9100em router that worked with all my DLNA devices. Does anyone have any other ideas, I now have a non-fuctioning home network because of this rubbish router.

imran238

0 Likes
imran238

I have major issues with my Actiontec router, I can't see any of my DLNA devices. I tried the following fixes:

1. Changing the IGMP proxy settings - I had no options on the router to do this until I found a link that took me to this option directly and by disablingit I couldn't see my DLNA DEVICES.

2.I tired changing the IP Address Distribution and again this did not work

3. I tried messing with the IVP6 settings and again no luck.

I have called Verizon mutliple times and they cannot give me the Westell 9100em router that worked with all my DLNA devices. Does anyone have any other ideas, I now have a non-fuctioning home network because of this rubbish router.

imran238

0 Likes
lakers2012

Worked like a charm...Thanks bro!

0 Likes
imran238

How did you get your Actiontec to work? I've had serious issues and tried all the options and yet I can't see any pf my DLNA devcies. Any help would be geatly appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Chuckh19581
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think they have moved or removed thisoption. I'm having the same problem and on the Advanced tab there is no IGMP proxy setting.  The only thing related to IGMP that I've found was under Advanced --> Routing --> Routing Protocols. There's a check box to completely disabled IGMP. 

I disabled it but I'm accessing my router remotely and can't test to if DLNA is working again. I'll update this thread tomorrow with my findings

FWIW my firmware version is 40.19.36, hardware version 5A.

0 Likes