ActionTec MI424WR Rev. I Crashes when connecting new laptops
Jefe11

I have two new laptops in the house, an HP (Pavilion?) and a Dell Latitude.  When I try to connect either of these to my Verizon router (ActionTec MI424WR I) the router crashes and even my wired connections can no longer get to the Internet.  I have to reboot the router and shut the new laptops off to restore internet service.

I know for a fact that the Dell is using an 802.11 ac wireless card and the ActionTec is only 802.11 b/g/n compliant.  Is this causing a problem?  I can't (yet) figure out which wireless card is in the HP or what its protocol is.

Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: ActionTec MI424WR Rev. I Crashes when connecting new laptops
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

GOT HERE FROM   Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Device Manager

(My Computer DELL E6550 Running Windows 10 Pro)

If you want to connect a computer running Windows Server to the Internet, you’ll need to check your adapters and settings (including virtual network settings, if applicable). See the following sections for more information:

DO NOT CLICK ON ABOVE LINKS DO IT FROM WINDOWS 10 
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

from My M1424WR Rev I

Network Connections

Network (Home/Office)

Connected        

Ethernet/Coax

Connected        

Wireless Access Point

Connected        

Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax)

Connected        

WAN PPPoE

Disabled           

Wireless Status

Radio Enabled:  Yes

SSID:      *****

Channel:              Automatic

Security Enabled:             Yes

WEP 64-bit: N/A

WEP 802.1x:               N/A

WPA2: ***********            SSID Broadcast: Enabled

MAC Authentication:     Disabled

Wireless Mode:                Compatibility Mode(802.11b/g/n)

WMM:  Enabled

WPS:     Enabled

WPS BUTTON:   Off

Received Packets:           164217

Sent Packets:     506036

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Should work fine.  But obvious something is wrong The use of AC devices to the rev I is not a problem.  Just end up not using all the 802.11ac features usually behaving as 802.11n.

I don't see anything in previous replys that would cause a reboot, but perhaps worth a full review.  I run an older dell lattide model with windows 10 PRO.  My brother runs a HP desktop with windows 10 Standard.  But obviously specific models might have a problem.  Shouldn't cause the router to crash wirelessly.  You weren't clear if you were wired or wireless.

0 Likes