Actiontec wireless has stopped working
Hokiedad2
Contributor - Level 1

The wireless on our Actiontec router has stopped working. "Radio enabled" is shown as NO. Enabling it works, but as soon as we reset security, it turns itself off.

We've had a number of power outages, with the result that our router has gotten increasingly flakey, especially the wireless. I called tech support and he suggested doing a hard reset, which seemed to have fixed everything. However, following the mose recent power outage (yes, we get a lot of them), the hard reset procedure is no longer fixing the problem.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec wireless has stopped working
Hubrisnxs
Legend

we saw this a few months ago or half a year or so, and some people just had bad firmware.  so they updated the firmware and that seemed to fix it.   Give it a shot.  

I think it's under advanced.    

0 Likes
SamHarbold

I lost my Wireless connection on Tuesday (2/28) around 10:30am. Ethernet connection is working fine. I called tech support and after about an hour of him working on my system he came to the conclusion that the router needed replaced. I received my new router Thursday afternoon (3/1) Installed the router per the instructions. Still no wireless connection. Ethernet is working fine but no wireless on my 2 laptops or my IPad. I called tech support again this afternoon 3/2 and after about 45 minutes of the tech taking over my computer he comes to the conclusion that the router need replaced. So Router number 3 is on the way. I will update the forum once the new router arrives.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

did they try to change the wireless channels?   can you SEE ANY wireless's like your neighbors?  can you see your own? 

0 Likes
Hokiedad2
Contributor - Level 1

Believe I will head over to the store tomorrow.

Thank goodness I've got 8 cat5 connections in the house. I'd have an insurrection on my hands.

0 Likes