Adding Video to web site
pizzaman3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I have built a pretty nice website via Verizon website builder Smiley Happy. I have had it for a couple of years now and I am very pleased with it. I know a few months ago they removed the option of using an ftp to upload codes and or HTML files. I had know problem with that till now Smiley Sad. I recently wanted to add video to my website and noticed that I can not do it via Verizon's website builder because the supported formats are very limited causing vids to be large files. Not only that but there are no options for the vids. Example: I want the video to play when the page is loaded.....not when the visitors click on it. There is no option for this and I can not use a 3rd party software because I can not upload the file via ftp.

My question is there a work around and or any solution?

Many thanks to all.

Lou

0 Likes
Re: Adding Video to web site
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wby not upload your videos to a video hosting website and then provide links to videos?

For example tinypic.com

Another well known, example youtube.com

0 Likes
pizzaman3
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems I might have to do that, but is there a way to paste the html code into Verizons website builder?

0 Likes
pizzaman3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I tried tinypic. It was very simple to use but I can not get it to work on Verizon. I select add a link through Verizons website builder and paste the link / html code into the space provided but then get an error message THE URL DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE VALID>

I tested the url and all is fine. I tried the other tinypic links as well to see if I could get a better result. None all are the same. Any Ideas as to why???

Oh and it looks like even if it did work the person visiting the website would have to click on it to see the video. I want it to play when the page loads. It going to be an introductory to the website.

0 Likes
pizzaman3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a step closer. The reason the link / html code did not work was because it must be pasted under the INTERACTIVE FEATURES and not MULTIMEDIA link.

Video is now on website. BUT resizing and auto play is now priority. The resizing seems a bit tricky only because the player that is embedded will only get so small. The video though will shrink to whatever size I want.

The auto play is where I am now have a problem with.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@PizzaMan wrote:

I'm a step closer. The reason the link / html code did not work was because it must be pasted under the INTERACTIVE FEATURES and not MULTIMEDIA link.

Video is now on website. BUT resizing and auto play is now priority. The resizing seems a bit tricky only because the player that is embedded will only get so small. The video though will shrink to whatever size I want.

The auto play is where I am now have a problem with.

In my opinion, websites that have music/videos that play automatically on loading are annoying and unprofessional. I do a lot of tabbed browsing, and trying to find the tab blaring that annoying noise is a pain.

Just my two cents.

0 Likes
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should search for the html code that will allow you to do what you are looking to do.  Within the code you would place the size of the video (height and weight). If you want the video to autoplay that to would be within the html code.  Remember html code is just a set of instructions.  You can place the video where you want, tell it how many mins. to wait to play and the exact size you want the video to be when it plays.  You do lose a few of those options when you place up links from other sites.

0 Likes