Again something that I don't understand to the fullest. (Port Fowarding)
ryan3141
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to port forward to make a Minecraft server. The port is 25565, and here's a tutorial for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nFl6r3XpwM I've watched the tutorial and my format when I go to port forwarding looks NOTHING like that. It brings up a couple problems, in which I don't know how to explain. I originally posted, then I got rid of it because I thought I fixed it but I realize that that method doesn't work. Any help? Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Again something that I don't understand to the fullest. (Port Fowarding)
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Btw I think its the ip your putting in. That should be the internal ip of the machine you are on. So that might look like 192.168.1.x

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try the Simple portforwarding tool.

It's a free download.  and it's completely automated.   Or they have a walk through 

If not and you feel adventurous - you can check these two current video's from actiontec.

the only trick or advice that I have is that the Source port - make sure to leave that, as ANY and then the only place you put then number is for your destination port.     

0 Likes
ryan3141
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I could use the download but I use a Mac, and at the moment I can't find a version of it compatible. I'll try my luck with the other option and see how things turn out.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they have a walk through    give that a try.     let us know how it goes, we can help if you need more 

0 Likes
ryan3141
Enthusiast - Level 2

At 0:53 in the first video, that's where my problem is. My format of the Port Forwarding menu doesn't look like that. There's no "add" option on the bottom left.

http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/Fourleafclofer/?action=view&current=Screenshot2011-04-05at9...

That's what mine looks like. Not sure if it's a problem showing some of those facts but I'll take it down if it is.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you have to answer those two drop downs and then hit apply, and then it will take you to the next step i believe, or hit advanced which will let you customize the rules. 

try these two walk throughs,  

you have a newer router than they do

How to Create Custom Port Forwarding Rules for model MI424WR Rev. E & F firmware versions (20.10.7)

How to Create Custom Port Forwarding Rules for model MI424WR Rev. E & F firmware versions (20.8.0 to...

0 Likes
ryan3141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hah, one step ahead of you this time.

http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/Fourleafclofer/?action=view&current=Screenshot2011-04-05at9...

I've been doing that trying hopefully everything to open a port towards 25565, but the options aren't the same.

0 Likes
ryan3141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh didn't see that you may have edited your post or I just didn't see that bottom part with the hyperlinks. I'll check them out.

0 Likes
ryan3141
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed the first one. No success unfortunately.

I put the same info in as I did on my previous picture and I checked the port on a website and it said it was closed. Very tedious job.

Edited:

On the second one, it made no sense. Roughly on step 7 if I recall it said something about entering the description of what it was you're making. I didn't even find Minecraft in the "Applications to foward" bar, and it seemed like it skipped a couple steps.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Post a screen of the finished port forward rule. If all lkkjs well then it may be your software firewall blocking. You could even try disabling your software firewall and windows firewall for a test.
0 Likes