Re: alter.net issues (152.XX.X.XXX ADDRESSES)
Sarsfield1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it's been two months since I started this thread and I see there are no solutions from Verizon.  Just a big IGNORE of this issue.  I even see another thread about this exact same MAJOR problem.

Maybe a moderator could consolidate the threads about this issue and ask that someone from Verizon at least address this?  Or do they not care?

0 Likes
jt881
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been experiencing the same issue since I got fios 10 days ago.  They have been in denial that there is a problem.  Looks like I will be ditching fios within days.

0 Likes
Sarsfield1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jt88 wrote:

I have been experiencing the same issue since I got fios 10 days ago.  They have been in denial that there is a problem.  Looks like I will be ditching fios within days.

I wish this was possible for me.  Nobody else comes close to the speeds I need/want.  What a terrible company to deal with.  I have been trying to get an answer for this problem for months and nobody has been able to tell me anything constructive.

I now believe that they are not answering because they know about this issue and refuse to do anything about it.  It's probably that these alter.net hubs are some type of government data collection points that the NSA and other scum are using to spy on law abiding citizens.

0 Likes
scrappyxyz

I have been having the same issues for 2+ months. After being able to pull 10MB/sec, i get only 60k/sec

I just finished a tech chat with verizon & they said they are aware of the issue & are working on it..Somehow I think this is **bleep** since the last time i went to them with this, they said its not their problem & they cant help.. so stay tuned..ill post more if anything changes

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@scrappyxyz wrote:

I have been having the same issues for 2+ months. After being able to pull 10MB/sec, i get only 60k/sec

I just finished a tech chat with verizon & they said they are aware of the issue & are working on it..Somehow I think this is **bleep** since the last time i went to them with this, they said its not their problem & they cant help.. so stay tuned..ill post more if anything changes

They're working on it, as in negotiating with the other side for how much money they want to improve the connections.  They won the last court case.

0 Likes
Sava333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone might want to raise it to Verizon's attention that they might be in violation of every single term of service with their customers:

If you buy broadband Internet access from Verizon Online
•   We will not prevent you or other users of our service from sending and receiving the lawful content of your choice; running lawful applications and using lawful services of your choice; or connecting your choice of legal devices that do not harm the network or the provision of Internet access service, facilitate theft of service, or harm other users of the service.
•   We will not unduly discriminate against any lawful Internet content, application, or service in a manner that causes meaningful harm to competition or to you or other users of our service.
•   We will continue to disclose accurate and relevant information in plain language about the characteristics and capabilities of our service offerings so you and other users of our service can make informed choices.
•   We will disclose the types of practices that we use to manage our network, consistent with standards to be developed by industry Technical Advisory Groups; we reserve the right not to disclose technical details that would undermine the efficacy of these practices.
•   We will continue to offer you an open Internet access service as described above, so that option will remain available to you even as we continue to innovate and create new services so that we may also offer you other online options to meet your needs. If and when we provide other online services, we will continue to disclose to you the characteristics, capabilities and terms of our various service offerings. That way you may distinguish between them as you choose whether, which and how many of our services you wish to use or purchase.

Last I checked, Netflix is lawful content of my choice.

luxedesign

I am finding so many people with the problem, I am trying to gather us all up but I am afraid of the moderators on the forum frankly, they don't seem to like it when try anything like posting a link IDK. But, I the answer lies in a routing table update to operators that failed. I posted about it in the VZ Fios forums, please read the posting for an answer and support info. 

0 Likes
DaveMasters
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've complained so much that I am getting tired of the dead ends. Verizon has SO MANY problems that have popped up in the past few months that for a fact when my contract is up early in the year I am gone for good. At least with TWC I'll have a new set of people to complain too.

My speeds and complete drops/packet losses has gotten rediculious. In my world of fixed income I am paying a ton of money for a 75/35 connection that otten to the point that I am having more problem times than I am good times, and I never receive anywhere close to what I am paying for...

Good bye Verizon as soon as possible.

BTW, I am not a gamer or a Netflix user.

0 Likes