am I having router or PC problems?
pitbull
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 5 PC's in my home. 3 running wireless and 2 directly connected to the Actiontec router.

For a couple years everything was fine.

No I am have trouble connecting to the wireless.

I am having Windows manage my connection.

The problem is with renewing IP addresses.

When I try and connect, I get a "little or no connectivity" issue.

I have full strength showing on the signal bars, but it says it cannot find the internet.

I tell the PC to repair the connection and it says it failed due to not being able to renew the IP.

I go into the PC and restart the WZC and I also release and renew the IP.

No problems there, but it wont connect. I hook an ethernet cable up to the PC with the connectivity issue and then the wireless connects..

Im confused.

Anyone?

0 Likes
Re: am I having router or PC problems?
famv5

I could have written your entire post myself.  We are experiencing the SAME exact problem.  I am beyond frustrated at this point.  We have three wireless computers and one directly connected and are constantly unable to get online due to the same connectivity issues.  Last night I reset the router and was able to get one computer to work but within the hour is went back to the same "little or no connectivity" issue.

I am anxious to see if anyone has a fix to this before I call up Verizon and get answers.  I am glad to hear I am not the only one dealing with this.  By the way, we've been having this issue for the past three months or so intermittently.

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

move your wireless devices close enough to temporarily connect to router via ethernet cable then run the connection wizard:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Networking/Setup/ActiontecMI424/122504.htm

then disconnect ethernet. unless something physically is wrong, this should fix you. 
0 Likes
pitbull
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to have made it a little better, now I am just dropping the signal occasionally.

Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes