An unexplained charge of PC configuration fee
ItsRaining

My Fios router stopped working, so I called the company to fix the problem. They coudln't fix it over the phone and sent me a new router. The new one had the same problem, so they sent me another one, the same. So, they arranged for a technician's visit. Days later, a technician came and fix the problem, saying it was a kind of version mismatch. On the same day an email came saying "an order confirmation", which looked like a typical billing statement except one item, "PC configuration Fios Internet" for $75.  I called Fios and after waiting for 25 min heard that they could not see it. So, I thought it must be a mistake and I would fix it if a statement still had it.

Believe it or not, a month later a bill statement came with the $75 fee included. So I called the Fios, and a customer service agent told me that the $75 fee is charged for any technician's visit. The agent said that if I received a credit for the $75 fee, I would be charged for a "technician visit fee" for $99 instead. Unacceptable!

I told the agent that the problem was not on my PC or a connection between the router and my PC. It was a problem between your (Fios) router and the internet. Also, I was not explained about the fee beforehand. After the service visit, an email was sent with an incorrect description. Upon my inquiry on the next day, Fios was not able to explain about the fee and its incorrect description.  I don't think this practice professional at all. I don't know what to do when the agent insisted that I should be charged for $75 or $99 for a problem that is not mine.

0 Likes
Re: An unexplained charge of PC configuration fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ItsRaining,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes