how  and where can i find the max number of wireless user on my gateway/router 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: and where can i find the max number of wireless user on my gateway/router
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the FiOS routers, the largest client count they support out of the box is 253.

It is configured by default to only accept clients between 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254 (A total of 253 addresses).

For those who are curious why the addresses start at 2 and end at 254:

Spoiler

On a network where the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 (the default for the Verizon routers) 

192.168.1.0 is reserved as a network identifier.

192.168.1.1 is the router itself.

192.168.1.255 is reserved as a broadcast address.

More info here: (http://www.ipbalance.com/tcpip/tcpip-general/100-ip-addressing-ending-0-or-255.html)

MI424WR:

Spoiler
imageMI424WR DHCP Server Configuration

G1100:

Spoiler
imageG1100 DHCP Server Configuration

This limit includes both wired and wireless connections.

The router can be configured to accept more clients, but these settings are configured by default on the router.

Where to find this information:

NOTE: Please be careful when accessing these settings as any incorrect changes can case connectivity issues for your home network. Should you experience issue like this, please factory reset your router to restore functionality to your router.

You can find this information by logging into your router (Please replay if you need help with this)

1.  Select My Network from the top menu
  2. Click on Network Connections from the menu on the left
  3. Select Network (Home/Office) from the list (typically it is the first one)
  4. Click on Settings on the bottom of the page

One again:

NOTE: Please be careful when accessing these settings as any incorrect changes can case connectivity issues for your home network. Should you experience issue like this, please factory reset your router to restore functionality to your router.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe router has a limit (other than number of IPs which should be pretty large).

Are you thinking devices can't log in because of a setting?

Or are you looking to see the max number that have connected?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Just log into your router or use the Fios app when at the screen look at the link for connected devices. It will tell you how many and if active or inactive. Plus IP address.

if you have devices connected via ethernet cable they may show up twice (WiFi and cable) 

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the FiOS routers, the largest client count they support out of the box is 253.

It is configured by default to only accept clients between 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254 (A total of 253 addresses).

For those who are curious why the addresses start at 2 and end at 254:

Spoiler

On a network where the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 (the default for the Verizon routers) 

192.168.1.0 is reserved as a network identifier.

192.168.1.1 is the router itself.

192.168.1.255 is reserved as a broadcast address.

More info here: (http://www.ipbalance.com/tcpip/tcpip-general/100-ip-addressing-ending-0-or-255.html)

MI424WR:

Spoiler
imageMI424WR DHCP Server Configuration

G1100:

Spoiler
imageG1100 DHCP Server Configuration

This limit includes both wired and wireless connections.

The router can be configured to accept more clients, but these settings are configured by default on the router.

Where to find this information:

You can find this information by logging into your router (Please replay if you need help with this)

1.  Select My Network from the top menu
  2. Click on Network Connections from the menu on the left
  3. Select Network (Home/Office) from the list (typically it is the first one)
  4. Click on Settings on the bottom of the page

One again: