Apple TV / iTunes Connectivity Problem
WBuck

I am hoping that someone has worked through this connectivity problem. It may or may not be associated with the Verizon-provided MI424WR-D router but I have not been able to get a resolution through the Apple Forum.

Here are the specifics for those who are familiar with the iTunes / Apple TV connectivity capabilities: my Apple TV can recognize and login to access my FiOS internet. I have no problems browsing YouTube nor renting movies, etc. When I attempt to "find" the Apple TV in iTunes, the Apple TV isn't found. 

The troubleshooting recommendations from the Apple Forum suggest turning off virus and firewall applications, reloading software, rebooting the router, PC and Apple TV, etc. I've followed all meticulously and nothing has worked so far.

I am down to looking at ensuring my router is properly configured for the ports and protocols used by Apple TV. I'm not sure if this is the way I need to go or how to do it but I'm hoping that someone on the forum may be able to assist.

0 Likes
Re: Apple TV / iTunes Connectivity Problem
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 How is this type of computer connected (Wired or Wireless)?

a) And if by wired, is it directly to this Verizon-provided MI424WR-D router?

b) If by wireless, what else is connected at the LAN port (or ports) of this Verizon-provided MI424WR-D router?
0 Likes
WBuck
It is a wireless connection. I have WPA2 security enabled and I was transmitting in 'Mixed mode' (both 802.11b and 802.11g) then changed to .11b only at the recommendation of another forum. Neither solves the problem. I have not tried the hardline ethernet connection yet.
0 Likes
WBuck
Sorry. Forgot to add that two laptops are connected to the wireless ports. Neither has iTunes installed.
0 Likes