Asked for new router, Verizon upped bill?
kieranmullen2
Enthusiast - Level 2

brother was having issues with his 5/2 FIOS for $39.95. The router was bad, verizon sent out a new router now will be paying 49.95 (thank you very much for your help verizon) Is this because of the routers? What speed should he be expecting?   Since I do not see any plans at 49.95. He does not have Verizon phone service. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Asked for new router, Verizon upped bill?
prisaz
Legend

@kieranmullen2 wrote:

brother was having issues with his 5/2 FIOS for $39.95. The router was bad, verizon sent out a new router now will be paying 49.95 (thank you very much for your help verizon) Is this because of the routers? What speed should he be expecting?   Since I do not see any plans at 49.95. He does not have Verizon phone service. Thanks

If he was on month to month without an annual agreement, and was paying $39.95, that plan is no longer available. The minimum plan is now 15/5 at $49.95 a month with an annual agreement. By having a new router sent for the account, I am sure that brought the account up to date with todays rates. Also if the old router is not returned, Verizon may add a hardware charge. Call and request an RMA and return the old router at any UPS store.

Here is the link to all the latest FIOS internet rates.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSInternet/Plans/Plans.htm

0 Likes