Availability Response
DononMercer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to get Fios at my home but it is listed as "unavailable". I am the last home on my street. The road dead ends into my property. Fios is available to my nieghbors on both sides of the street, one has service. The pole with the service is on our porperty line. I cannot get an anser from the 800 service number people as to why I am listed as unavailable. No one I talk to will put me through to anyone that can answer the question. I need to find out how to get in touch with my local Verizon office to see if a service tech can meet me and explain why I am not servicable. No one is willing to give me the information of who I need to speak with. Does anyone know who to contact in Northern VA? Specifically Haymarket VA?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Availability Response
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@DononMercer wrote:

I have been trying to get Fios at my home but it is listed as "unavailable" ... Fios is available to my nieghbors on both sides of the street, one has service ...

It could be something as simple as not having your specific address in the updated "availability" listing in the Verizon FiOS system.  This has happened in the past.

There are one or two other resources that can be checked and I will try to research this for you, but of course there are no guarantees.  You may hear from Verizon asking for specifics on your location and contact info (or maybe not).

Stay tuned.

View solution in original post

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@DononMercer wrote:

I have been trying to get Fios at my home but it is listed as "unavailable" ... Fios is available to my nieghbors on both sides of the street, one has service ...

It could be something as simple as not having your specific address in the updated "availability" listing in the Verizon FiOS system.  This has happened in the past.

There are one or two other resources that can be checked and I will try to research this for you, but of course there are no guarantees.  You may hear from Verizon asking for specifics on your location and contact info (or maybe not).

Stay tuned.

DononMercer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I am sure this is the problem. It is a rural street and it dead ends into a gate that is my driveway. I am sure that I was just missed and need to be added. I am no further from the pole than my neighbor who has service currently or anything.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DononMercer,

We were able to get you installed with FiOS and it appears that everything is working properly for you. We appreciate you reaching out to us via the forums and allowing us a chance to resolve your issue for you. Let us know if you need anything else.

Happy Halloween!

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ