Awful maintenance.
digimon900
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am I the only one that feels Verizon are negligent in their duties? I get miniscule interruptions in service due to the way that the fiber cables are being damaged by traffic/vehicles hitting them, weather, and vandalism. The cables on the poles are overloaded with redundant cut or damaged fibers and obsolete copper phone lines that make the whole lot weigh down and bend the poles. the cabling passes through a tree that Verizon say they dont and wont cut ever. (why do they even have a tree dept.?) I want them to come and REMOVE - YES REMOVE all cables and fibers that are damaged and no longer in use, and obsolete equipment from the poles. Nobody at Verizon seems to understand my request and they say that there is nothing wrong with my services. Somewhere in the line there is a break or loose point - when heavy vehicles pass through, the Internet is interrupted briefly, if using a third party video service the movie is lost and stops, if using the phone the line is cut, sometimes I get my own number calling me when it rains or a weird dial tone. Verizon dont want to spend money cutting the tree and I cant get a contractor to do it because they are not 'bonded' to work around phone and cable lines.imageWe're not cable we're wired differently!imageRedundant copper phone technologyimagespaghetti anyone?imageYes the tree is on the Internet! Literally!imageoh yes... Fiber and copper live side by side!

0 Likes
Re: Awful maintenance.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Verizon router?

If so, do you get any error indications on router when Internet goes out?

Unfortunately, Verizon gets to decide which if any old cables they will remove.

0 Likes
Re: Awful maintenance.
digimon900
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I am not using a Verizon Router! It goes out so briefly that you hardly notice unless you are watching a data sensitive third party video service. They need to cut the tree.

0 Likes