Bad Router, Worse Service
UnhappyGB

Wondering what the protocol is if a router goes bad. Using Verizon provided router and it died. Chatted with "Beena" and she assured me the new router would arrive in 1-2 days. After not seeing a delivery for 5 days I once again contacted Verizon. Turns out the original order was never placed. All told, I was without the router for 10 days. In the meantime between kids homework and my own work from home we burned through 10GB of cellular data, which I now need to pay for at $15/GB because we don't have an unlimited data plan. When I asked for compensation Verizon offered $13.33 for lost internet and would not budge. Chatted with supervisor "Muralidhar" and he would not offer me anything more. XFinity here I come!

0 Likes
Re: Bad Router, Worse Service
jonjones1
Legend

You could have went to a fios location and picked up and returned the bad router. No wait.

you could keep a personal owned router to swap in if the situation should happen again.

However these are points to ponder for the future.

0 Likes
Re: Bad Router, Worse Service
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most service providers explicitly state that they will not cover any ancillary costs a customer has due to service outage.

You might be able to get a refund for the days of outage.

But unless you are leasing the router, they may not consider it their issue.

0 Likes