Bait and Switch
ilicia

Dear Verizon

I have been on ongoing verizon customer for 3 years.   I came off promotion a year ago, and have had a value credit on my account the last 12 months.

Tonight, I called Verizon regarding my plan, as my rate has jumped yet again.   I have been inundated with better offers from both Comcast and DirecTV - however, have been reluctant to switch.

I had a very nice (recorded) call this evening with Raven {edited for privacy}.  She offered me a renewal on my bundle at a rate of 119.99 plus 11.99 box rental fee (I have the free DVR for life), plus ~7 in taxes for a total of 139.07.   I ultimately felt this was a fair deal and agreed.    She had me go to a verizon verification system which she spoke her name and I spoke my name agreeing to the 2 year agreement.   After that step, I told her I felt a bit unsecure as the automated system did not refer to the terms of the agreement - ie the price I was offered.   She again repeated that 119.99 plus 11.99 plus tax for the 2 year term (on what is a recorded line).   I completed the call content.

About 30 minutes after haning up, I got an automated email from verizon, outline the terms of the deal, except, it is completely incorrect.    This showed a 139.99 bundle price with a total bill of 162.57.     This I DID NOT AGREE TO.

I called verizon back, and spoke with Belle {edited for privacy} who told me that my deal was 139.99, with a 20 loyalty credit for 12 months.   I told her this was not what was agreed to, and not what was offered, and I requested the supervisor (who was unavailable), however, want the recording of the call to be played for me with the supervisor.

I am incredibly frustrated.....and believe this is a clear bait and switch in violation of FCC reguations.

Please help get this corrected.    

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ilicia,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes