Been complaining about lag on xbox live for a year and Verizon is now ignoring me.
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the past year and a half I have been complaining to verizon about the horrible xbox live service I am getting. They keep telling me there is nothing wrong. I have tried four different routers(verizon and non-verizon with updated firmwares), tried both coax and ethernet, switched every ethernet line twice, played on a 5 foot cable in my garage, had my ont switched, and my fiber re-spliced. Verizon claims nothing is wrong and have tried to get me to stop complaining by telling me "fios is too fast for xbox because games are designed for high latency connections and because fios has no latency slower connections can't keep up so it feels laggy." I posted that response on a xbox gaming forum and promptly had 10 people tell me FIOS runs great on their xbox. 

So obviously the problem lies beyond my network and verizon is doing nothing to fix it. I have had a technician come out at least six times and all they run is a speed test. I am getting the speed I am provisioned at but ALL my xbox live games are unplayable online. I believe the problem lies in the first public hop outside because when I run a line quality test,(https://secure.dslreports.com/pingtest) I get an error that says  "50ms or more latency between your ip address and your first public internet hop could certainly be bettered with a quality connection"

Just to be sure it wasn't unique my house I walked around my neighborhood and found 2 open wifi networks that were on FIOS and ran the same test. Both of them came back with the same error as me and both had the same first hop as me. To make sure that error wasn't normal for FIOS users I asked those poeple on the xbox live forum to run the test and tell me the results. Every single one of them passed the first hop test and had nearly half the latency, (Here are a few of them) I supplied this information and now they are ignoring me.

Is there any mod or technician here that can provide me with contact information for someone who will look into and fix this problem for me? I believe I have provided significant proof that this problem is not in my network and calling an 800 number and opening a ticket does not help. I have been complaining for a year and a half and nothing has been done. I have lost practically all my xbox live friends because of this and would like to be able to play now that I have more free time. A phone number or email would be great. BTW I am in orange county, CA if that helps. 

Thx 

dlrober4

0 Likes
Re: Been complaining about lag on xbox live for a year and Verizon is now ignoring me.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Re: Been complaining about lag on xbox live for a year and Verizon is now ignoring me.
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Used that link you sent me and they reffered me to the 800 number. So again verizon is just trying to pass the torch onto someone else. After a year of dealing with them I can say this is textbook verizon tech support. Verizon tech support is horrible.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is pretty irregular that such a line quality test would return back good but show a garbage result for the first hop. The traceroutes from the line quality test as well as a traceroute from your connection (PC to Google) would be appreciated to see if anything immediately stands out. The fact that you are getting your proper speeds is even more unusual.

0 Likes
XboxGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
wack74pm

I experience the same thing. I have forwarded my ports, and done everything I know to do. I'm about to switch to cable connection, most of my friends have and rarely experience what I do with fios.  Lost and dont't know what to do, I like fios, but I game more than 

0 Likes