Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

beeping from BBU

SOLVED
timotis911
Contributor
Contributor

beeping from BBU

Message 1 of 8
(3,159 Views)

I've removed the battery from the unit and yet it continues to beep. Pressing the 'silent alarm' button does nothing. How do I silence this thing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: beeping from BBU

Message 5 of 8
(3,075 Views)

I understand your scenario -- I am in the same situation.  I have internet and TV only, no phone and thus really don't need to the BBU.   I found that I couldn't get the alarm to shut up and keep it that way (any power blip, etc. seemed to result in the power supply alarm re-enabling again).   I finally gave in and spent the $15 for a battery and have had peace and quiet ever since -- some "technology" problems just aren't worth solving.  🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 8
(3,147 Views)

In short... Replace the battery with a new one.  You can obtain ne online from a number of retailers or from a local "battery warehouse" or similar battery store.  I believe my last one cost me about $15 (the battery it replaced had lasted about 5-6 years under "unheated/uninsulated garage" type conditions (cold in the winter and very warm in the summer).

timotis911
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 8
(3,136 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I should have stated, though, that I don't need battery backup for my home phone. Some Verizon help page told me I could remove the battery and or simply hit the alram slience button. Neither work. I'd simply like to silence the **bleep** alarm.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 8
(3,093 Views)

Try to power unit off and back on. Then try alarm silence button.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 8
(3,076 Views)

I understand your scenario -- I am in the same situation.  I have internet and TV only, no phone and thus really don't need to the BBU.   I found that I couldn't get the alarm to shut up and keep it that way (any power blip, etc. seemed to result in the power supply alarm re-enabling again).   I finally gave in and spent the $15 for a battery and have had peace and quiet ever since -- some "technology" problems just aren't worth solving.  🙂

Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 8
(2,986 Views)

You could have Verizon replace your current bbu and power supply with a power adapter and you will no longer have an issue with the bbu beeping.

timotis911
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(2,959 Views)

Thanks for the help.

I engaged in an online chat with Verizon - assuming offshore. In the end they told me to get a new battery. I found it hard to beleive I couldn't talk with someone about this. It's a VERY poor design that requires a customer to periodocally replace a battery every 2-3 years - all for providing backup power for the land line. Which I don't need! Hello? Cell phones anyone? 

I told him to schedule a technician to come to my house to pull everything out. He responded that he'd send me a new battery. Good answer, I'd say. 

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 8 of 8
(2,953 Views)

I'm probably jinxing myself, but I have had my battery for over 8 years and never had an issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title