Billing Outrage
tkryan1

On August 15, 2017 Verizon sent a technician to my home for the purpose of upgrading my FIOS internet service. The technician proceeded to drill a hole through the side of my house and right through the center of main electric panel. The resulting electrical explosion/fire almost electrocuted the technician, and could have burned down my home. Thankfully, the technician was unharmed, although he was rightfully shaken.

While the fire damage to my home was minimal, my family and I were forced to endure two(2) days in the middle of the work week, during the heat of summer, without electricity; refrigeration; air conditioning; etc. This avoidable loss of electricity, caused spoiled food, and many other uncomfortable inconveniences for me and my family. Verizon’s insurance carrier -Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. {edited for privacy}- did reimburse me the $2,000.00 I had to layout in order find an emergency licensed NYC electrician, willing to come the next day to replace the ruined electrical panel. Albeit fifteen(15) days later.

Today I received my first FIOS bill since this fiasco. Verizon had the unabashed gall to charge me a $90.00 FIOS speed upgrade fee. I contacted Verizon via their chat interface{edited for privacy}, as there is no Verizon Custmoer Service email. After twenty(20) plus minutes: The agent finally told me there is nothing she could do; no, she cannot email me a copy of the chat(I guess Verizon wants nothing in writing, which also explains no email); and that I should try to contact customer service by phone, M-F, as there are no customer service agents available on the weekend that have authority to apply credits to customer bills.

After more than seventeen(17) years as a loyal Verizon(Bell Atlantic) customer, to say I am disappointed and disheartened would be an understatement.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Outrage
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tkryan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes