Blocking IP addresses
Pdibby23

Anyone know how to block specific Ip addresses on the Fios G3100 router? All I see for firewall is low medium and high without specific customizations to enter an IP address. 
Is it just not possible on this router? And if not, what’s my recourse? 

thanks everyone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking IP addresses
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately it is not possible with Fios router. I think it never was a feature since the beginning.

You have many alternatives available. You can block IP addresses on your host-based firewall. Every computer has a host-based firewall. You can configure sophisticated rules over there.

You can also setup a hardware firewall behind Fios router. In enterprise deployments, it's quite usual to see a dedicated hardware firewall behind the router.

View solution in original post

Re: Blocking IP addresses
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately it is not possible with Fios router. I think it never was a feature since the beginning.

You have many alternatives available. You can block IP addresses on your host-based firewall. Every computer has a host-based firewall. You can configure sophisticated rules over there.

You can also setup a hardware firewall behind Fios router. In enterprise deployments, it's quite usual to see a dedicated hardware firewall behind the router.